QA Lab Technician
Pro Staff in partnership with Cantel Medical at the Plymouth MN location have an opportunity available for a QA Lab Tech.The Microbiology Laboratory Technician position requires a four-year degree in biological science or related field, as well as knowledge of basic microbiological laboratory skills and aseptic technique. The role requires excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to work well in a group and independently. The Microbiology Laboratory Technician is expected to follow established protocols and the ability to multi task.
• Assists microbial testing involving liquid bicarbonate bioburden and endotoxin analysis, environmental water bioburden and endotoxin analysis, environmental swab sample analysis, and controlled environment / clean room air and surface viable counts
• Conducts and assists with clean room / controlled environment particulate monitoring.
• Assists with testing involving environmental monitoring (EM) excursions, acquiring additional samples and performing testing. Presenting results and assist with EM excursion reports.
• Assists on projects by helping other team members.
• Maintenance of microbial cultures including appropriate documentation.
• Prepare microbial samples utilizing aseptic techniques.
• Follow procedures to provide monitoring, reporting and trending of microbiological and environmental data. Maintain quality records of data.
• Supports laboratory team members by assisting with receipt and quality assurance of microbiological media (unpacking, inspecting, refrigeration, and FIFO practices).
• Routine maintenance and monitoring of laboratory equipment: equipment and room temperature logs and sending equipment out for calibration.
• Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations, International Standards Organization regulations and other regulatory bodies.
• Maintain positive and cooperative communication and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors and vendors.
• Must have a four-year degree in the science field, preferably in microbiology.
• Minor in chemistry is preferred but not required.
• Must have the ability to follow all laboratory safety rules.
• Detail-oriented with precise documentation and record keeping skills.
• Have the ability to operate and maintain scientific equipment.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally as much as 50 pounds.
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.