Executive Chef – The Lakely Restaurant
At the Pablo Group, our core mission is to create opportunities and experiences for our community. We say we put people before profit and we actually do it. We realize some community challenges are not solved by standard market forces; in philosophy and philanthropy, the Pablo Group promises to help fill the gaps and make a difference.
The Oxbow/Lakely is looking for an experienced Executive Chef. The Executive Chef directs all aspects of Kitchen operations including guest service, sales, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control, and human resources. Must be passionate about seasonal ingredients, local ingredients, mentoring, creative collaboration, guest and employee experience. The Executive Chef reports directly to the Food and Beverage director.
We are looking for an individual that embodies and applies our organization’s core values and mission to business decisions and operations.
Our Executive Chef will be able to:
- Develop and implement menus to continually improve revenues and profit while using the best in local purveyors
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
- Work under pressure and successfully build and manage a team
- Conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Maintain a safe working environment through compliance of safety and health department guidelines
- Work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
In addition, qualified candidates must have:
- Minimum of two (2) years in an Executive Chef role, or a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to create an innovative menu that aligns with brand (showcasing the best in seasonally locally sourced ingredients, menu items that align with the rich history of the region)
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory or management role
- Demonstrated ability in building a diverse team
Pablo Group, founded in 2013, is focused on creating opportunities throughout the Chippewa Valley through management of commercial and residential real estate, urban living initiatives, support for entrepreneurship, and creation of cultural experiences through music, food, art, and lodging.
The Oxbow and The Lakely is a Hotel & Restaurant venue located in the heart of downtown Eau Claire. The company is focused on delivering guests with a comfortable and exciting experience filled with local Midwest touches. As a farm to fork restaurant, The Lakely offers a seasonally rotating menu that boasts ingredients sourced from local farmers, in addition to a craft cocktail menu comprised of signature and original liquid favorites. Our hotel features many local art displays and partners with local vendors. In addition to operating as a boutique destination hotel and restaurant, The Oxbow also operates as a private event space for meetings and weddings in addition to functioning as a part time music venue. Our passion for our community is what really drives our daily business operations. We’re excited to bring in driven and hardworking team members that share the passion we have for our community.
Create greater opportunity throughout our community.
- Believe in our Communities. We think Eau Claire is an excellent place to live and do business, and we want to add to the overall success of our community. Pablo is about investing back into the community and creating businesses that can sustain themselves.
- Love People and Planet more than Profits. We will take care of our employees so that they can be part of our community in a healthy way.
- Fight for Equality & Equity. Equality and equity are not just buzzwords to us. Our goal is to provide opportunities for all and create a diverse environment where everyone is included.
Pablo Management is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match, life insurance, disability pay, a wellness program that offers discounted classes and company sponsored events, paid time off, paid holidays as well as flexible spending and health savings account options.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pablo Management celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.