Position: Network Administrator – Full Time
Salary Range: CL 26 ($50,607 - $82,246) Three years of general experience or college degree plus two years of specialized experience required
Promotion potential to CL 27 after one year
CL 27 ($55,593 - $90,374) Three years of general experience or college degree plus three years of specialized experience required
Promotion potential to CL 28 after one year
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Closing Date: 02/19/2021 or until filled.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota seeks an experienced Network Administrator. The location will be Minneapolis with regular travel to St. Paul. Occasional travel to the Duluth and Fergus Falls offices is also required.
The Network Administrator provides day-to-day operational support for Microsoft, Cisco, and VMware based information technology infrastructure, including Windows servers and Active Directory. The incumbent reports directly to the Systems Manager and provides quality customer service and systems support services.
- Install, configure, and monitor Windows and Linux servers (physical and virtual), virtual desktops, and Cisco networking equipment.
- Manage and support Active Directory, DFS replication, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP services, and Domain Controllers.
- Design, implement, and support data communications systems consisting of wide and local area networks, physical network servers, storage area network (SAN) hardware and software, IP networking equipment (routers, core and access data switches, wireless access controllers and access points, transceivers, etc.), transmission media, network protocols, and network operating systems.
- Document computer systems, network equipment, and administrative procedures.
- Install, modify, enhance, test, and implement standard configurations for deployment of workstations, virtual desktops, servers, and other network components and client software.
- Perform network security and user access maintenance including user setup and deletions, enterprise directory maintenance, network rights and permissions, group policy development and administration, installation and maintenance of endpoint protection software, patch management, physical security, support of intrusion detection mechanisms and firewalls, network security monitoring and remediation, web filtering, and VPN support.
- Develop automated alerts and reports to monitor network infrastructure, hardware, and computer systems using tools such as Splunk and PowerShell.
- Responsible for data backup and recovery procedures and practices.
- Perform other regular preventive maintenance actions including Business Continuation/Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Troubleshoot systems/network issues, identify/analyze root causes, and implement corrective actions.
- Provide end user support, helpdesk related duties, and on-call support.
- Interact with internal clients and vendors as part of engineering and administration activities.
- Provide troubleshooting support for Microsoft Windows OS, Apple products, cloud services, network connectivity related issues, and network printers.
- Recommend future procurement, including upgrades, enhancements, server hardware, network equipment, and software utilities.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
The starting salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications. (Two years of specialized experience are required, including at least one-year equivalent to work at the CL-25 level.)
Required qualifications and skills
- 2+ years specialized experience in a network administration role.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts.
- Previous experience with Cisco switches and routers required.
- Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills.
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures.
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency with scripting languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of and experience with court operations.
- Cisco Certification Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Certified Critical Infrastructure Security Professional (CCISP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Experience with products used by the court such as, VMWare, management consoles (vCenter, View, vRA, VROPs), UEM Management, Cisco switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, Windows Servers, Windows 10, Microsoft Cloud Services, Microsoft Exchange, Trend Micro/Apex One, Zerto, Carbon Black, KACE, Exagrid, Splunk, PowerShell, and ForcePoint.
Conditions for Employment:
Candidates must demonstrate organizational skills, good judgment, and willingness to work across different technical domains with legal, technical, administrative and operations staff in a cooperative environment. Candidates must maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
All employees of the court are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees, which is available for review upon request. In addition, the successful applicant will be hired subject to a probationary period of no less than six months.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave
- Optional participation in choice of health plans, dental and vision insurance programs, group life insurance program, long term care insurance, and optional participation in a pre-tax flexible spending account plan for commuter reimbursement, and dependent care and medical expenses not covered by health insurance
- Participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Optional participation in the Thrift Savings Plan with matching contributions (similar to 401K)
- Public transit subsidy as the budget permits
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Options for one day a week telework and/or compressed scheduling
- This position is subject to mandatory EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) participation for payment of net pay.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or be authorized to work in the United States. Please note citizenship requirements:
- Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interviews. No telephone calls please.
- Applicants to be interviewed may be asked to provide a completed Application for Judicial Branch Federal Employment (Form AO 78), and a list of references.
- Due to the pandemic, interviews will be held virtually.
- The U.S. Bankruptcy Court is not authorized to reimburse candidates for interview or relocation expenses.
- The court provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
- As this position is deemed “high-sensitive” the successful candidate will be required to undergo a background clearance which includes fingerprinting, and updated background investigations every five years.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume in a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to ANNOUNCEMENT #2021-03 in the email transmittal.
The U. S. Bankruptcy Court has the right to modify the conditions of this vacancy announcement, or withdraw this announcement, either of which may occur without prior written or other notice.
The United States Bankruptcy Court is a part of the Judicial Branch of the United States Government. Employees of the United States Bankruptcy Court serve under “Excepted Appointment” and are considered “At-Will” employees.
Please visit the employment (http://www.mnb.uscourts.gov/employment) section of our website for other requirements and benefits information.
THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.