Litigation Support Specialist – eDiscovery & Litigation Support Team
The Office of the Minnesota Attorney General is accepting resumes for a Litigation Support Specialist to join the eDiscovery & Litigation Support team. The ideal candidate will be familiar with litigation practices and technology including Everlaw, Relativity, and Trial Director. You will assist staff with the use of litigation software, electronic discovery projects, document productions, trial preparation and presentation. You will join a dedicated group of professionals that utilize technology to support complex litigation across the Office.
On any given day, you will be aiding administrative staff and attorneys in the Office on multiple requests and projects. Those may include, but are not limited to:
· Processing of electronic discovery for review in a hosted platform.
· Create new litigation databases as needed to host new matter documents.
· Configure review platform interface to meet staff needs and specifications.
· Conduct database searches to aid staff find targeted documents.
· Generate stamped image and/or native document productions per matter specifications.
·Quality control test generated production data, prior to service of documents.
· Assist attorneys and legal support staff with any technical request.
·Coordinate litigation support services including trial preparation and presentation.
· Prepare and conduct eDiscovery tools training sessions for staff.
· Other duties and special litigation projects as assigned.
· Minimum of two years’ experience with either a legal vendor or in a law firm environment.
· Experience with any of the modern web-based review platforms is required.
· Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office products, general relational database knowledge.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge of litigation lifecycle and stages of document review.
· Independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting and follow-through skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
· Attention to detail and have a strong work ethic.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience training others in software use and processes is preferred.
We offer a great benefits package! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Public service with this office may qualify applicants to have part of their student loans forgiven under a federal student loan forgiveness program for state government employees. (Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.)
Applications: Priority applications by February 12th, but we will continue to accept applications until the position has been filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume that includes relevant experience and/or academic credentials to:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General
Attn: June Walsh
75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 102
St. Paul, MN 55155
Note: The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).