Packaging Service Manager
Packaging Service Manager will manage and develop the Engage Packaging Service Department and be responsible for after sales customer service support to ensure customers are satisfied with the machine until the end of life of the machine. The Packaging Service Manager will be responsible for the development, strategic planning and execution of the Packaging service department that includes scheduling machine installations, parts transactions with our ERP software, machine training, sales team support, machine quality initiatives, and customer support communications.
The Packaging Service Manager’s role will include providing the highest level of customer service, developing lasting customer relationships, and ability to effectively communicate and coordinate projects between Engineering, Marketing, and Sales departments. The Packaging Service Manager maintains a strong working knowledge of all industry standards and practices as well as the company’s products and services.
- Provide best in class service and support to company’s customers to ensure customer retention.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and problem solving related to mechanical components and support systems of the company’s products.
- Handling and monitoring department issues and client complaints to create methods to lessen recurring issues.
- Collect, analyze and report on quality related statistics and metrics for continuing machine design and production planning.
- Responsible for warranty and non-warranty material processing transactions.
- Supervision and resource planning for Packaging Service Technicians.
- Provide customers with quotations for field service visits and spare parts.
- Develop and lead machine technical service and maintenance training sessions, on site and in the field.
- Ensure technical service sections in machine user guides are complete and accurate.
- Coordinate onsite technical service visits with customers and ensure correct costing structure for visit as well as completion of forms.
- Support field service technicians after business hours via phone and email as needed.
Skill Set and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years of management/leadership experience.
- Strong technical aptitude in mechanical and electrical area.
- Knowledgeable in servicing mechanized systems which utilize PLC or similar control software desired.
- Need to have an understanding of Manufacturing/products.
- Ability as a strong decision maker to assess and analyze situations to accomplish the best outcome.
- Must have computer literacy in ERP software systems.
- Must be detailed and organized.
- Need to be a team player with positive attitude and outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Education: Bachelor degree, preferably in Mechanics, Electronics or Mechatronics or in a related industrial field.
Located in Brooklyn Park, Mn, Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent Technologies. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent Technologies manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.