Environmental Services Shift Manager
Manages staff, tasks, and custodial functions on an assigned shift to meet and exceed cleanliness, safety, and service standards for guests and team members.
Manages shift labor costs, equipment, and maintaining inventories. Controls inventory and waste/expense as related to supplies and equipment.
- Manages and schedules the shift work activities of shift supervisors and team members in accordance to labor budget. Assigns tasks and monitors progress.
- Manages shift payroll and enters labor hours into payroll time card system.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members, including team member training and development to achieve a positive team member environment and job satisfaction. Completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Orders supplies and equipment following established company and department policies and procedures to budget guidelines.
- Inspects Mystic Lake Casino and company facilities to ensure that written cleaning, service, and guest service standards are maintained.
- Enforces corporate and departmental policies, procedures and programs to ensure written programs are followed (i.e. team member incentive program, mentor program, daily attendance program).
- Manages shift preventative maintenance (MaintiMizer) software program and online maintenance work orders.
- Supervises planned and unplanned cleaning tasks and requests (i.e. banquets, casino promotions, construction clean up, blackjack, and slot projects, etc.).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Three years of management/supervisory experience in building custodial maintenance in a large facility.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software.
- General knowledge of personnel/building safety and HAZCOM/blood-borne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- On feet or standing 75% of shift.
- Exposure to fumes/odors.