The Office of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is seeking an Office Manager to provide leadership and supervisory oversight of legal support staff and manage office administrative activities.
- Directly supervise staff and give appropriate direction, training, and assistance so that employee performance is optimized
- Assign, direct, and evaluate work to ensure that deadlines are met, work is distributed equitably, performance standards are met, and office objectives are maintained
- Interview, select, coach, and direct the training of new support staff
- Maintain accurate position descriptions, conduct timely performance evaluations, administer discipline as necessary
- Schedule and conduct regular support staff meetings
- Perform special management and administrative projects as assigned by Executive staff, Deputy Attorneys General, and Division Managers
Why Work for Us
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity and respect. We are a dynamic group of dedicated people who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we are actively building an internal culture that supports that calling. We invite you to apply to be part of the team that helps recruit, support and train dedicated attorneys, legal assistants, investigators, and other staff, all focused on helping Minnesotans.
- Supervisory or other leadership experience
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively and professionally with senior leaders, colleagues, and direct report
- Ability to organize, prioritize and maintain confidentiality
- Previous experience working in a law office
- Previous experience supervising employees covered by a bargaining unit
Applications: You may express interest in this position by submitting a cover letter and resume that includes your relevant experience by February 24, 2021, to:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison
Attn: June Walsh
75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 102
St. Paul, MN 55155
We offer a great benefits package! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Public service with this office may qualify applicants to have part of their student loans forgiven under a federal student loan forgiveness program for state government employees. (Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.)
Note: The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).