- Respond to emergency medical calls, render and administer medical aid to injured persons.
- Responsible for vehicle operation for out-of-town transfers, maximizing patient care and responsibility.
- Clean and prepare equipment, assist in inspecting, maintaining, and repairing as needed.
- Perform housekeeping duties as part of the team at the Fire Department.
- Assist in public education duties and participate in department training.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians as an EMT or Paramedic and able to be certified as an EMT or Paramedic in the State of Minnesota.
- Current CPR card. ACLS and PALS or pediatric equivalent required for Paramedic.
- Valid vehicle operator equivalent to Minnesota class “D” and able to obtain MN class “B” if necessary.
- Successfully pass the City of Virginia pre-employment medical examination, background check, and other exams as requested by the City of Virginia.
- GREAT STARTING PAY - Single Role Paramedics$3429.33/month; Single Role EMTs $2992.20/month
- SET SCHEDULE OF WORK – New Schedule of 12 hour shifts based on a rotating shift schedule starting in March 2021
- EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS – Medical, Dental, Life Insurance available
- LEAVE TIME – Sick Leave, Vacation, and Personal Days (available after probationary period)
- ON THE JOB TRAINING – Maintain, improve and grow your knowledge and skill by training and working with some of the best Firefighters/Paramedics in the State
For full job description and application: www.virginiamn.us/employment or contact Sherry Erickson, HR Director at 218-748-7500. Applications must be returned to City Hall, 327 1st Street South, Virginia MN 55792
THIS POSTING IS OPEN UNTIL WE FILL ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
If you have any questions about the position, the department or any aspect of the job, we would love to talk to you! Please call 218-748-7520 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and ask for Deputy Chief Scott Frederickson.