Organics Recycling Facility - Heavy Equipment Operator
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Job Description Job Summary: Operate front end-loader and skid-loader in a safe and efficient manner. Job Duties:
- Operate a front-end loader or skid-loader to move, manipulate and load organic materials into a low speed grinder or screener. Attach implements to loaders to best handle differing materials.
- Load product into a low speed grinder or a screener to reduce material to optimal particle size for composting or a uniform marketable finished soil. Load trucks/ trailers with a skid-loader or front-end loader.
- Performs daily cleaning and inspections, ensuring safety devices are in working order on heavy equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with math proficiency.
- Ability to proficiently operate front-end loaders and skid-loaders to load material into low-speed grinders, screeners, trucks and trailers within four months of employment.
- Ability to perform daily safety inspections, routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment within four months of employment. Mechanical background preferred but not required.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software products.
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Good customer relation skills and ability to follow directions in a team environment.
- Inside (sheltered) work including climate-controlled cab.
- Exposure to funes and odors
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- On feet or standing 20% of time
- Adverse working conditions including heat, rain, cold, insects, dust, odors, etc.