Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) – Full-time and Part-time
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is accepting applications for Full-time and Part-time Transportation Security Officers at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP). Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no experience is required.
• Pay rate starting at $17.75 per hour (10% am/pm shift premiums, 25% extra on Sundays).
Specific duties for TSA Transportation Security Officers include:
• Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and materials.
• Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security checkpoints.
• Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
• Have either a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential.
• If none of the above, have at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening or as an X-ray technician.
• Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan similar to a 401(k); Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays.
Other benefits may include a uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; transportation subsidies and ongoing training with tuition reimbursement. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities.