Job Description Job Summary: The Compensation Analyst is responsible for analyzing, implementing, and administering compensation policies, frameworks and programs including base pay, incentives, deferred compensation and executive compensation plans. The position will evaluate and analyze external market data to develop recommendations for maintaining or improving competitive pay programs and recommend solutions or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems. This position is also responsible for ensuring that enterprise compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and regulations. Job Duties:
Act as a leader of change and innovation across the business.
- Serve as a compensation subject matter expert (SME) and consultation partner to internal HR and business leaders on compensation related activities and initiatives.
- Leads the analysis, development, design, and implementation of various broad-based compensation programs, including salary structures, job evaluation and incentive plan programs.
- Evaluates and prices jobs using market data to provide recommendations that meet business needs and internal equity. Manages survey reports and completes survey participation materials. Evaluates survey participation and purchasing strategy annually. Oversees maintenance of job code table with the HRIS system.
- Participates and supports the administration of salary and variable pay programs including annual pay for performance merit review process, deferred compensation program, incentive plans, promotion/demotion increases, and market adjustments.
- Develops and delivers compensation training materials and communications for in-person and virtual platforms to Human Resources team, leaders, team members and employees on compensation-related topics, including, but not limited to, trends, regulations, salary structures, salary administration and projects.
- Works with departments to determine changes to the organizational charts. Edits and maintains organizational charts, ensuring all required approvals are obtained and current organizational charts are maintained within electronic files.
- Work with consultants on compensation or organizational design projects.
- Ensure compensation programs remain competitive and conform to the compensation philosophy and strategy.
- Partners with the HRIS team to ensure that data is accurate for use by the compensation department and human resources.
- Ensure the compensation programs comply with SMSC and gaming commission, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Provide input and assist with the assessment, implementation and ongoing use of market pricing software and data. Support the implementation of new compensation modules within HRIS platform.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including Human Resources, Finance and IT on any compensation program design, program set-up and configuration, financial budgeting, or system updates.
- Actively seeks to improve process efficiencies in all compensation related tasks.
- Respond to Gaming Commission questions and issues regarding organizational charts and position profiles.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 + years of experience in compensation and/or analytics.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with human capital management systems such as UKG (formerly UltiPro), Workday, Oracle, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to partner with all levels of Human Resources, leaders, team members and employees.
- Commitment to high quality of work and excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects/priorities
- Ability to solve problems through innovative solutions and sound judgment
- Ability to understand and analyze data to tell a story
- Ability to identify process improvements and take initiative to develop, implement and document new/improved processes
- Ability to develop communications and training materials and present at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of FLSA and other regulatory requirements of compensation.
- Basic understanding of the gaming industry preferred.