Access Control Technician/Locksystems - FT 2nd Shift
Performs, designs and lays out more complex installation, maintenance, and repair to access control systems and door hardware locking systems to ensure the security and safety of guests and the protection of company assets and properties. Support and model the Purpose, Vision and Values Statements of the SMSC Gaming Enterprise
- Installs and maintains data line (i.e. network lines, card access support equipment).
- Installs all forms of door hardware (i.e., card readers, panic buttons, exit devices and locking devices) pertaining to building access control and Gaming Enterprise equipment.
- Programs team member card access according to specified access levels. Processes access requests for new hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Conducts maintenance and testing of door hardware, card readers and panic buttons. Repairs or replaces equipment as needed. Occasionally performs damage-free auto lockout service.
- Troubleshoots computer hardware and software problems in conjunction with the access control vendor. Troubleshoots access control devices and performs upgrades to system hardware.
- Generates reports with listings of team member access for management.
- Responds to security requests for building emergency entries.
Combination of post-secondary education and/or experience to equal 4 or more years in the Access Control field.
Knowledge of Access Control systems and Life safety codes, locking systems, low voltage wiring and telecom standards.
Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, with all levels of team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.