IT Desktop Support Specialist
The Minnesota Attorney General is the chief legal officer for the State of Minnesota and is currently seeking an IT Desktop Support Specialist in the Legal Operation Division of the Office. The successful candidate should be comfortable in a professional environment and must have the ability to multitask, be highly organized and detail-oriented. This position provides technical support for end-users on workstations, laptops, printers, and peripherals. This is an opportunity to be part of a team of professionals whose common mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of all Minnesotans.
Why Work For Us:
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity and respect. We’re a dynamic group of dedicated people who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we’re actively building an internal culture that supports that calling. We invite you to apply to be part of the team that helps recruit, support and train dedicated attorneys, legal assistants, investigators, and other staff, all focused on helping Minnesotans.
You will join a dedicated group of IT professionals that works to support all system devices and applications used by the Office. Primary responsibilities include installing and configuring devices including workstations, laptops, printers, scanners, and mobile device management for Apple and Android devices. This position allows you to work with a wide variety of applications including Microsoft Office, and endpoint management tools for asset tracking, device imaging, software deployment, and patching.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware (workstations, printers, and scanners).
- Install, configure, and maintain software and associated updates.
- Mobile device management for mobile devices (Apple, Android, Windows).
- Work directly with help desk staff and end-users to resolve reported problems through a ticketing system.
- Responsible for tracking assets and performing inventory of hardware devices.
- Perform workstation imaging to ensure compliance with security practices.
- Prepare laptops and other mobile equipment for use at trial or by field investigators.
- Technical degree in computer science or related discipline with at least two years related experience
- Ability to manage multiple, competing projects and demands.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Be detail-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
We offer a great benefits package! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Service with the office may qualify applicants to have part of their student loans forgiven under the federal student loan forgiveness program that applies to state government employees. (For more information, visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.)
How to Apply:
Priority applications by February 17th, but we will continue to accept applications until the position has been filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume that includes relevant experience and academic credentials to:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General
Attn: June Walsh
75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 102
St. Paul, MN 55155
Note: The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).