Sales Representative - South Territory
L&M Radiator, Inc., a worldwide manufacturer of heat exchangers for mining, oil and gas industries is looking for an experienced outside Sales Representative who will be responsible for professionally promoting and increasing aftermarket sales of MESABI® Heat Exchangers in our Midwest territory. This territory includes the following states: TX, OK, AR, LA.
The right candidate is a problem solver, solution finder, innovative, energetic, mechanically inclined and isn`t afraid to take a hands-on approach. This person should have a great understanding of product demonstrations, installations, public speaking, trade shows, and interfacing with end users for aftermarket sales.
This position requires frequent travel and provides lucrative compensation and incentives in addition to a comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plans, profit sharing, short & long-term disability & life insurance, generous PTO & holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Travel through designated territory to promote, market and sell MESABI Products to as many prospective customers as possible.
- Provide Sales Manager with weekly updated sales projections and detailed travel itinerary reports for the coming week.
- Provide expense and call reports to Sales Manager on a weekly basis to include details on what company was called on, who the rep met with and their title, a brief summary of the meeting should be included and if action is required and by whom.
- Submit a monthly report to the Sales Manager to report on updates in territory, sales efforts and key issues that relates to increasing sales in that territory.
- Maintain phone contact with Sales Assistant and Sales Manager.
- Interface with Customer Service, Drafting, and Engineering as required to encourage sales and assist with any service issues.
- Participate in monthly teleconference, report on sales efforts and provide information on new sales developments.
- Attend trade shows as required by the Sales Manager.
- Follow-up on all quotes provided by Customer Service and Engineering and report on their status.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Perform related work as required by supervisor.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be results driven and competitive to consistently meet personal objectives and team goals.
- Solid presentation and public speaking.
- Effectively work and interface with other departments and groups.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written, in English, clearly and effectively.
- Professionally present products to different levels of management and field operations.
- Use of electronic devices and communication tools as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs and CRM.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DMV physical, drug and background test.
- Clean driving record and insurable.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of sales experience in a job-related industrial field.
- 4-year college degree or 4 years of sales experience in a job-related industrial field.
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
HS Diploma or GED or better in Sales.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
5 years: Heavy Equipment Sales experience in the Mining, Oil, Gas, Agriculture, other large equipment Industries.
Licenses & Certifications