This position is responsible for designing and revising engineering drawings/models, bills of materials or layouts that comply with drafting design standards and meet the requirements outlined in Drawing Requests or Engineering Change Orders. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, focused, detail oriented, and enjoy working in an active department. Our Engineering Department values teamwork and are driven by innovation and creative designs that our designers make.
Job Summary: Using SolidWorks software, produce and revise engineering drawings/models, bill of materials or layouts that comply with drafting design standards and meet the requirements detailed in Drawing Requests or Engineering Change Orders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review drawing requests and ECOs and associated information, analyze, design and retrieve information to complete drawings/models, layout or design.
- Coordinate with requester to discuss project scope and time schedule or receive and discuss project with supervisor.
- Be familiar with drafting standards and review design for compliance.
- Use SolidWorks/SmarTeam software to develop layouts, models/drawings and designs that meet engineering specifications.
- Prepare preliminary drawings and work with requester for approval and/or modifications.
- Utilize alpha search, SmarTeam, and Epicor to find existing drawings or examples.
- Prepare buyout material lists when required by Drawing Request.
- Prepare detailed scale drawing upon approval of preliminary drawings.
- Complete data input forms for each product as required and check to ensure accuracy of other drafter’s forms.
- Sketch and identify cooling products from customers or units in the field.
- Calculate dimensions, weights, capacities, or qualities using SolidWorks capabilities.
- Assist with customer service, research, and documentation as directed by supervisor.
- Report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Inventory supplies and materials and forwards requests to the drafting clerk.
- Assist with plotting/filing and other Drafting tasks when necessary or to fill in during absences.
- Work occasional overtime or weekends to complete a project, if required.
- Perform related work or other job duties as required by supervisor.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel, depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Knowledge in engineering drafting principles, practices, methods and equipment required.
- Skill in preparing and interpreting detailed drawings, graphs, charts and specifications.
- Must be detail orientated, have mechanical aptitude and strong initiative.
- Communicate, in English, effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and interpret complex and technical information.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Experience using SolidWorks with 3-D design.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
- 2-year degree in mechanical drafting
- Experience with Auto Cad, SolidWorks, or similar software
- Knowledge of engineering drafting principles, practices, methods, and equipment
- Ability to prepare and interpret detailed and scaled drawings, sketches, graphs, charts, and product specifications
- Detail orientated with mechanical aptitude
- Clear and effective communication in English, by both written and verbal means
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products
- Work well in teams and independently
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol, and background test
- 2-year degree in design and computer aided drafting with 3-5 years of experience with detail drawings for sheet metal assemblies and weldments
- Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma
- SmarTeam or similar software
Solid works Software
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Associates or better in Design and Mechanical Systems.
Entry-Level experience using SolidWorks
3-5 years: SolidWorks experience with detail drawings on sheet metal assemblies and weldments.
Licenses & Certifications