Dakota Mill & Grain, Inc., is a privately held and established South Dakota agri-business that is seeking a Grain Merchandiser to assist in the management and trading of its grain commodities for 9 elevators and a new shuttle train loading facility near Presho, South Dakota.
• Proven experience buying and trading grain stocks, particularly winter wheat, spring wheat, corn, milo, and soybeans. Knowledge of trading birdseed and feed grains, including, but not limited to, sunflowers, millet, safflowers, oats, and barley is preferred.
• Solid understanding of how to generate profitable margins using basis, futures risk management and arbitrage.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage positions within the company’s risk management policy
• Driven personality with demonstrable background in business development
• Exceptional customer service skills and ability to manage relationships with producers, brokers and customers.
• Ability to both relate and communicate company needs to location personnel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of railroad logistics and railroad programs, especially car ordering, billing, demurrage, BNSF shuttle logistics and secondary rail freight trading is preferred.
Dakota Mill & Grain is a public grain warehouse and agri-business that operates elevators in nine locations across Western South Dakota. We promote and provide cutting-edge grain production programs involving soil analysis, productive seed and effective fertilizer and pest control programs. Once grown, we help our producers with innovative grain marketing strategies that will help them get the most out of their annual grain production. We also provide tried and proven animal nutrition products and programs that promote healthy and profitable livestock production. We support many local communities and we are proud that our customers are our friends and neighbors.
Competitive compensation and benefit package:
• Simple IRA with Company Match
• Health/Dental/Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Program
• 529 Plans
• AFLAC Supplemental Insurance