Branch Employment Coordinator
Branch Employment Coordinator, Security Officer Division, Per Mar Security Services
Lead the HR function for the branch, primarily focusing on Recruitment and Onboarding with additional responsibilities in Employee Relations, Licensing and other Administrative HR duties.
This position is in Coon Rapids, MN. The office will be moving to Bloomington in the near future!
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide extensive support to branch recruitment needs for Standard and Special Events hiring by:
- Posting job openings on People Fluent or sending to Corporate HR Employment Coordinator, as needed
- Continually recruiting and branding Per Mar within the community by attending local job fairs, participating in community events and organizations, etc.
- Plan and coordinate open interviewing events including travel to site specific geographic areas for hosting events, selecting appropriate event venues, advertising the events, and all other administrative duties as needed for a successful turnout.
- Provide support to branch regarding employment needs for Standard and Special Events hiring by:
- Screening resumes/employment applications
- Facilitating interview process with the candidate, hiring manager and/or Corporate HR
- Conducting pre-employment duties: input and retrieve background investigations; perform drug screens; provide information to the Corporate HR Employment Coordinator for offer letters as needed; other required paperwork
- Assist with onboarding of new hires: new employee orientation; benefits overview, data entry into WinTeam; send all documents in an accurate and timely manner to HR Inbox for processing
- Conducting all post-employment requirements for I-9 verification and e-Verify within 3 days of employment start date in an accurate and timely manner
- Submitting original requests for licensing as required by Federal and State agencies and track all current needs and renewals for employee licensing on Life Online.
- Assist Corporate HR with efforts to improve Affirmative Action underutilization initiatives.
- Assist management with basic employee relations day-to-day issues. Contact Corporate HR for all employee relations issues that are not day-to-day. Immediately contact Corporate HR Department to claims of harassment or discrimination and notify branch management. Assist as directed by Corporate HR.
- Manage Personnel Files of branch employees to ensure proper electronic uploading, storing when necessary and adherence to destruction schedule.
- Complete Change of Status Forms (COS) in an accurate and complete manner for new hires, job changes, wage changes, personal data changes, terminations, suspensions, rehires and leaves of absence along with supporting documentation
- Import new hires into WinTeam from People Fluent in an accurate and timely manner ensuring all data, to include benefit coding, is 100% correct.
- Assist management and employee with FMLA qualifying events. Notify Corporate HR within 3 business days of becoming aware of potential FMLA leaves.
- Assist management and employee with Worker’s Compensation events as soon as administratively possible in order to ensure compliance with WC and OHSA regulations.
- Work with Corporate Training and Development Manager to track training requirements in Life Online and assist in enrollment and completion of such training in a timely manner.
- Assist Corporate HR with annual benefits enrollment for all branch employees that qualify.
- Assist Corporate HR with annual Performance Evaluations process.
- Act as payroll backup to branch staff as needed and during vacations, leaves or other extending times of absence.
- Assist in the administration of drug and alcohol policies and tests, to include coordination of monthly random drug testing.
- Assist Corporate HR in responding to legal inquiries requesting company files and information.
- Communicate corporate changes and updates to branch employees.
- Order employee uniforms and issue employee badges if needed.
- Distribute Exit Survey Card to all voluntary terminated employees.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodations
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required for all Per Mar Security Services positions.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 2-4 years Human Resources experience in the area of Employment Coordination is strongly preferred.
- Previous Security Industry experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of Employment Law is preferred.
- Must have creative problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality of employee information required.
- Must have excellent attention to detail on a consistent basis.
- Must demonstrate above average proven organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to adjust to high volume work periods and deadlines.
- Ability to interact in person or by phone with all levels of employees and candidates in a professional manner.
- Ability to professionally distance work relationships from personal relationships.
- Must have the ability to obtain Security Officer License as required by state laws.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Per Mar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities.