Natural Gas Circuit Rider
Minnesota Municipal Utilities Association (MMUA) is seeking a qualified Natural Gas Circuit Rider. This position will work with utility and gas company members to develop, maintain, and administer an effective and compliant Operator Qualification program specific to their operation.
Duties of this position include understand and interpret regulatory requirements; make recommendations on pipeline operators’ O&M Manuals, Emergency Plans, Public Awareness Plans, Integrity Management Plans, and other documentation as required; perform audits and inspections; liaise with MNOPS; instruct/conduct training; other duties as assigned.
The Circuit Rider is expected to work with very little supervision, manage multiple projects concurrently, and schedule time effectively.
- Minimum 5 years gas distribution pipeline operational experience
- Familiarity with federal pipeline safety code, Minnesota regulations, and other applicable codes and standards (API 1104, API 1162, 216D Rule, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Windows-based) products especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Home office to work from
- Able to travel extensively overnight
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detailed recordkeeping skills
MMUA is EOE.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit Resume and Cover Letter via email by March 19, 2021 to Mike Willetts email@example.com