Graphic Designer - SMSC
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Graphic Designer supports the marketing needs of the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community's (SMSC) Tribal Operations enterprises and internal departments. The Graphic Designer creates innovative, creative designs to convey important information and grab attention. This reports to the Marketing Manager and collaborates with a passionate creative team of project managers, communication specialists, clients, and other designers. The Graphic Designer is expected to meet deadlines with accuracy and provide outstanding marketing materials for the SMC and its enterprises. The role is responsible for creating artwork and designs for print and digital advertising, events, area signage, direct mail pieces, publication layouts, digital signage, websites, and more, all while maintaining brand consistency.
About the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community is a federally recognized, sovereign Dakota tribal government located southwest of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Following a Dakota tradition of generosity, the SMSC is one of the top philanthropists in Minnesota and is the largest contributor to other tribal governments and causes across the country. It is a strong community partner and a leader in protecting and restoring natural resources. The SMSC’s government, Gaming Enterprise, and various other enterprises are collectively the largest employer in Scott County and attract millions of visitors to the region.
- Designs and develops in-house collateral and external advertisements (i.e., signage, invitations, coupons, direct mail, brochures, posters, print ads, etc.) while meeting established time lines and production specs.
- Develops web content (graphic designs, artwork) as needed to ensure timely, educational, and informative messaging from SMSC and its enterprises.
- Provides animation for various projects (including in-house messaging, enterprise messaging, and mass media).
- Designs graphics and general content for digital signage.
- Shoot photos and video. Edit material through final production.
Days Monday - Friday Hiring Rate or Hiring Range Salary Based on Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design required (or a two-year degree in graphic design plus two years of experience or seven years of experience in graphic design supporting a mid- to large-sized company).
- Proficiency in Macintosh operating systems and related software required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, including Word, Outlook, and PowerPointProficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CC required, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Dreamweaver, HTML, and Apple Final Cut Pro X a plus.Portfolio or presentation documenting past work.