7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Environmental Technician. You will get to assist the Land Department to maintain, restore and sample prairies and forests. This includes performing manual labor necessary to develop and maintain natural areas, as well as any tasks requested by management.
What you can expect:
• Help manage natural areas using farm tractors, implements, chain saws, brush saws, hand tools and herbicide applications as advised by supervisory staff. Make minor repairs and report major repairs to supervisory staff when necessary
• Assist with habitat restoration and management projects under the direction of supervisory staff
• Collects vegetation and wildlife data
• Serve as a wildland firefighter (FFT2) to assist with the implementation of prescribed fire operations
Days Monday - Friday, Weekends Hiring Rate or Hiring Range Salary Based on Qualifications Requirements
What you need to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management, or related field (an Associate degree in this field would be acceptable)
• Experience operating machinery, small engines, chain saws, brush saws, UTVs and trailers preferred.
• Experience applying field sampling and field work protocols preferred.
• Qualified as NWCG Firefighter Type 2 (S-130/190) or ability to obtain qualification within three months of hire.
• Current valid Minnesota Pesticide Applicator license (categories A & J) or ability to obtain one within three months of hire.
• Willingness to work with herbicides.
• This can be a physical job, with standing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs regularly
Join a fun team and build camaraderie with your team members, that will help you be very successful and love your job.