Building Maintenance Supervisor
Job Description Job Summary: Supervises and assists in building and equipment installation, maintenance, and repairs, which include upholstery and chair maintenance. Ensures the timely completion of all projects and work orders based on quality and service standards.
- Assigns tasks and supervises functions, including projects, work orders, and emergency repairs. Provides guidance and direction and sets up performance standards.
- Interviews, selects, and assists in hiring of team members, including team member training and developing. Completes performance appraisals and conducts team member discipline.
- Creates weekly schedules to accommodate work flow. Recommends PTO approval.
- Coordinates purchases of materials pertaining to building maintenance in conjunction with the Purchasing department.
- Works with vendors on projects and repairs.
- Schedules and coordinates wardrobe repairs.
- Maintains shift logbook and generates reports on maintenance performed, follow-ups, and repairs.
- Assists Building Maintenance Mechanic with completion of assigned duties
- Responds to and assists in all building, equipment, or systems emergency situations involving the Engineering and Maintenance department. Responsible for the direction and control of the department's emergency response.
- Occasional tasks.
- Two-year building maintenance degree and three years' field experience or a combination of education and experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Basic knowledge of electricity and plumbing principles.
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Proficient with word processing and electronic mail software. Beginning experience with spreadsheets and database software.
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- On feet or standing 85% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
- Outside work 15% of time - exposure to summer heat and winter conditions.