Database Program Specialist
Job Description Job Summary: The Database Program Specialist is responsible for segmentation, analysis, and making recommendations to enhance the database marketing strategy for the SMSC Gaming Enterprise. Utilizing analysis to identify new trends and make suggested changes to the reinvestment of our Club M guests, this strategic thinker will help drive incremental revenue from marketing initiatives, including, but not limited to areas such as promotions, VIP events, entertainment, and events. Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Assists with the creation of the Database budget, including Club M segment revenue goals and supporting expenses to drive profitable growth in operating income. Responsible for adjustments throughout the year including forecasting and variance reporting Job Duties:
- Conducts deep segmentation analysis and database mining, making continuous recommendations on audience segmentation and personalization for Mystic Lake, Little Six, and Mystic Slots database marketing campaigns.
- Identifies and implements strategies targeting all stages of the guest lifecycle, using tools such as Life Time Value, to drive new member acquisition and increase retention of known guests.
- Utilizes data and analytics to make suggestions to optimize ROI of all marketing campaigns.
- Develops statistical models and dashboards for various marketing stakeholders. Analyzes marketing programs/processes and makes recommendations for improvement for their timeliness, accuracy, and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with key marketing and operational leaders to offer solutions and best practice guidelines for direct marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with IT and Business Intelligence teams to suggest and implement data integration efforts with our database platforms, including audience targeting, list generation, personalization, reinvestment strategies, and campaign reporting.
- Serves as the leader of continuous campaign optimization efforts, including analyzing campaign results and tests, gleaning insights and suggesting modifications to current programs.
- Collaborates with the other marketing teams on process automation, including trigger-based campaigns, auto-responses, and nurture programs.
- Collaborates with Business Intelligence team on data quality and governance of marketing data used across various reporting platforms.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert in all database marketing tools. Assists in supporting and maintaining the platform. Works with IT and the vendor to troubleshoot all application issues and/or deficiencies. Makes suggestions for enhancements and improvements to database platforms.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis of marketing and database programs. Interprets quantitative and qualitative data to provide data driven marketing recommendations.
- Creates and provides daily, weekly, and monthly analytics reports and dashboards to key managers by determining KPIs used to identify areas of opportunity for generating incremental revenue, while automating the production whenever possible.
- Works with data models, identifies and utilizes reporting tools, and aids in the development of solutions and decisions on managing and evolving the database, player development, and promotional areas.
- Develops and presents comprehensive presentations to leadership in order to articulate and depict best practice recommendations for implementation. Prepares for and participates in monthly marketing reviews with leadership team.
- Assists with the creation and execution of direct mail campaigns as needed
- Work with other Marketing disciplines on special projects.
- Provides on-site assistance with promotional events
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, or Accounting.
- Three or more years of experience in Database Marketing, working on direct mail campaigns in a CRM platform.
- One or more years of Digital Marketing experience, working with a marketing automation platform such as Marketo or Adobe.
- Strong knowledge of database/direct mail program design, production, and fulfillment.
- Strong analytical skills required, including, but not limited to, financial modeling, operations reviews, statistical analysis, forecasting, marketing studies, optimization analytics, etc.
- Preferred experience in the casino industry.
- Preferred experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience in utilizing advanced marketing and analytical software such as VizExplorer, Adobe, Tableau, etc.
- Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously at various stages of development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert-level experience with SQL and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.