Director of Database Marketing
Job Description Job Summary: Directly responsible for establishing the overall strategic direction of the Gaming Enterprise's database marketing requirements. Establishes overall direction for database marketing plan, reinvestment framework, distribution methods, overall management of all initiatives. In addition, this position is responsible for the overall revenue growth from all strategies under the direction of the database function. Collaborates closely with other Marketing directors and other operations leaders to recommend, analyze and implement programs that secure profitable repeat visitation and/or attract new club members. Fosters a "test and learn" culture in order to formulate new direct marketing concepts and ideas based on strategic initiatives and revenue targets. Responsible for overseeing data analytics of the database, presenting key findings and recommendations to management. Lead database system integration and innovate to find new areas of technology that will help drive the future of Database Marketing. Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Responsible for the annual Database Marketing budget, including segment revenue goals and supporting expenses to drive profitable growth in operating income. Responsible for forecasting, developing and maintaining company-wide operational and capital expenditures related to our database efforts. Collaborates with and influences operating departments to develop operational and capital budgets that support the optimal database strategy. Protects and controls assets ensuring adherence to company policies and all tribal, state and federal regulations. Job Duties:
- Responsible for the strategic development, execution, and maintenance of the direct marketing initiatives for various communication channels including: U.S. mail, email, text, and app.
- Develops, implements and maintains a targeted guest database, establishing strategies and production standards for the accomplishment of objectives. Executes all Marketing business plans to ensure performance and profit objectives for short and long-term goals are met.
- Formulates new direct marketing concepts, ideas, services, and gaming options based on data finding. Presents key results to leadership through data summarization briefings. Facilitates the discovery and implementation of new CRM technology and the integration of this technology with other key data sources.
- Develops and implements a guest contact strategy across all channels. Ensures that the marketing reinvestment is consistent with the expected ROI. Establish processes to monitor and modify database campaigns that are not meeting expected goals. Develops suppression campaigns as needed to minimize over-reinvestment to key segments of the database.
- Leads database system integration discussions with IT and Business Intelligence. Drives the strategy behind CRM software selection, integration, and usage. Innovates to find new software solutions that will benefit the Database Marketing strategy for future initiatives.
- Leads the development of a guest segmentation system, targeting the specific brand personas, utilizing guest lifecycles and Lifetime Value. Identifies trends and insight that allow for optimization of segments, spend, and performance based on data.
- Creates a "test and learn" culture, ultimately creating an industry-leading guest relationship marketing program. Develop, test, and implement traditional and non-traditional methods of attracting and retaining guests, creating brand advocates.
- Leads the development of database marketing analytics, such as statistical modeling, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, and other analytical techniques to improve guest acquisition, retention, engagement, and loyalty.
- Collaborate with the other Marketing Directors and operations leaders to develop a strategic plan to promote and execute on key strategic initiatives, driving engagement and visitation to our digital and land-based offerings.
- Establish and implement best practices for database marketing processes, measurement, evaluation, data capture, and maintenance.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies, cost savings, and revenue gains across production, postage, print shop, and other aspects of database marketing programs.
- Works closely with the creative and promotions teams to develop and execute marketing promotions that maximize ROI while increasing guest value. Partners with the brand marketing team to lead the development of targeted, relationship marketing campaigns.
- In conjunction with Business Intelligence, completes cost/benefit analysis on proposed and ongoing marketing programs. Develops interactive marketing programs (vendor management, analysis) and executes in conjunction with Brand Marketing department.
- Provides leadership, coaching and growth opportunities for Leaders and Team Members. Continuously builds and environment of engagement, trust, inclusion, open communication, creative and diverse thinking, problem solving, and a collaborative team effort.
- Provide leaderships that is in alignment with SMSC GE purpose, visions, and values. Lead by setting an example where actions and behavior are consistent with value and communication.
- Assure that the team members have the necessary support, information and training to effectively contribute to the team. Focus the team on expectations to support objectives and stakeholders of the SMSC and SMSC GE.
- Interviews and selects team members; plans training and development in conjunction with Human Resources Development, and completes performance appraisals, coaching, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Combination of post-secondary education in Business, Marketing or related field and database marketing experience in a high volume hospitality, gaming, retail, or related business to equal 10 years, including five years of progressive leadership/management experience.
- Strong overall knowledge and background in direct marketing, marketing programs and promotions.
- Experience in selection and implementation of CRM software. Strong understanding of database systems, queries, and data analysis. SQL knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated passion and record of success in the creation, delivery and/or measurement of database marketing programs.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, report and act upon financial, guest, casino and statistical data with a demonstrated ability to perform data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work and engage effectively with team members, executive management and guests.
- High level of emotional intelligence with ability to self-manage and to collaborate with and influence key enterprise leaders.