Shift Lead - Front End - FT
The SMSC and SMSC Gaming Enterprise are collectively the largest employer in Scott County. Our government and enterprises are places where talented and committed people find meaningful work. From an organics recycling facility and tribal garden to golf courses, casino hotels, a water bottling facility and the tribal government, the SMSC's enterprises offer career opportunities for people with all types of skill sets. Our culture creates Minnesota careers that are exciting, rewarding, and inspiring.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Front End Shift Lead at Mazopiya Natural Food Market. You will assist and welcome guests to the market, giving superior support, having knowledge of all products and food items. You will provide positive experience for both the guest and the employees.
This position is full time and will work on a combination of 1st shift and 2nd shift. You will be required to be available on weekends. Note: the market closes at 8:00 pm at night.
What you can expect:
• You will welcome, serve and assist customers providing an excellent shopping experience
• Respond to and resolve inquiries and concerns while maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service
• You will supervise employees providing clear communication on assignments, priorities, policies and procedures, safety and sanitation programs.
• Coaches and trains the team on expectations; responsibilities and hold individuals accountable to meet these expectations
• Ensures store products and displays are of proper quality and are stocked and merchandised to plan
• Work side by side with team stocking, cashiering, and planning/conducting events
• Assist with coffee, juice and smoothie bar ensuring a quality product
• Manage invoice processing, purchasing and receiving, always being aware of expense control
What you need to have:
• High school diploma
• 2 years of experience in a retail store environment, helpful if in a natural/organic grocery store
• Excellent guest service and communication skills with a positive attitude to a variety of audiences
• Cash handling and basic math skills will be necessary
• Ability to be on your feet most of the time, and able to lift up to 40 lbs
Join a fun team and build camaraderie with your fellow team members, that will help you be very successful and love your job.