Job Description Job Summary: Interpret design drawings, layout, fabricates and constructs millwork and furnishings items, repairs and refinishes existing wood assets to support the casino operations on an as needed basis according to industry recognized safety procedures. Job Duties:
- Constructs, finishes and installs furnishings and millwork.
- Repairs, refinishes and maintains furnishings and millwork.
- Finishes and refinishes millwork and furnishings.
- Sets-up and operates machinery and equipment as related to millwork, furniture fabrication and repair, carpentry, sign fabrication and site furnishings.
- Cleans and maintains the work areas to ensure safe work environments.
- Inventories tools and materials.
- Occasional Tasks
- Two year technical certificate in wood finishing or cabinet making; or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of related work experience in wood finishing, cabinet making or related field.
- Mechanical aptitude, math skills including fractions, knowledge of metric system and the ability to read technical drawings.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision and as part of a Team.
- The ability to communicate technical information and ideas in spoken and written English so others will understand.
- The ability to listen and to understand technical information and ideas presented in spoken and written English.
Valid driver's license is required with a good driving record.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- May require use of forklift.
- May require training, certification or licensing in job specific systems or equipment.
- Basic knowledge of PC's and email correspondence
- Solid Surface fabrication is desired but not a requirement.
- Lifting up to 90LBS