Senior Web Developer
Job Description Job Summary: Provide support for SMSC tribal operations to include but not limited to retail, grocery, fitness, golf in addition to cultural programs and events along with governmental relations with other agencies. The Senior Web Developer will mentor the web developers and be responsible for creating, supporting, and maintaining over a dozen independent websites and interactive applications, from layout to function within branding standards and processes. Strives to create visually appealing sites and applications that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. Collaborate with members of the digital team on strategy, SEO/SEM for best user experience. Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability while assuring all user input is validated before submitting to backend. The Senior Web Developer is a proficient full stack developer and will be on premise and designs, develops and implements applications, solutions and reports using a combination of configuration, scripting, and custom development in support of business needs. Identifies and carries out technical requirements, design, test, deploy, document and system support. The Senior Web Developer is expected to meet deadlines with accuracy and provide outstanding websites and applications for the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community and its enterprises. Job Duties:
- Works with various areas of Marketing to design and develop website pages and databases based on marketing needs analysis, fulfillment and scope of work. Must be able to deploy code multiple times a day, iterate quickly, and build with stability in mind.
- Develops and maintains applications through the use of content management systems, ecommerce systems, and customization on an as needed basis. Must have a high proficiency in being able to develop and maintain both frontend and backend development stages.
- Gathers requirements and project specifications from clients and takes ownership of daily project needs and proactive communication between the web developers, management and client respectfully.
- Assists digital manager with mentoring the Web Developers in web server administration/management.
- Coordinate with IT department for technical website and networking changes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years' experience required with Object Oriented PHP and PHP frameworks
- 5+ years' experience required with databases like Oracle, DB2, or MySQL
- Experience working with and developing on CMS frameworks such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, etc.
- Practical knowledge of website interfaces, cross-browser compatibility, and web standards
- Strong understanding of internet security best practices
- Experience with REST/JSON API development
- Experience with front-end and back-end development
- Experience with ecommerce development
- Experience with creating responsive and usable web applications from original artwork files (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Expertise in performance optimization using Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Linux, Apache/NGINX, and WHM/cPanel administration
- Expert debugging skills
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership for web team
- Highly organized and great time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- High proficiency verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work off hours when issues arise or in the absence of web developers
- Agency experience a plus