Scale Attendant - Part Time
We are looking for someone that likes to work independently, but has a strong customer service focus. This position is the first point of contact for customers purchasing product, dropping, vendors and visitors. In charge of the weigh in/out of trucks, you will gain thorough knowledge of products available and advises proper product application for compost, blends, and mulch. This position will calculate payments, checks loads and ensures the safety of the customer and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations. Work alongside Office Manager to ensure monthly financials are correct for billing.
Hours: This is a part time position, about 20 hours a week including 1-2 Saturdays a month, with some over time when needed. This position is seasonal from April 1 – November 24, 2021.
What you will do:
• Acts as first point of contact for everyone entering the facility (customers, visitors, vendors, etc) and provides great customer service to all
• Understand and learn the property so you can direct customers, visitors, vendors, and answers questions accurately.
• Cash handling; correctly calculates payments for customers and rings up transactions in the scale software; balances all payments at shift change to ensure accurate record keeping and appropriate billing
• A thorough knowledge of the scale software and ability to exports data and reports when necessary
• Multi-tasking of answering phone to speak to drivers and using two-way radio to communicate with yard operators of all traffic entering the facility
• Ensures that customers conduct all business in a safe manner and all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Tribal Public Health (TPH) and COVID protocols are followed
• Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner
• Provides general housekeeping of the Scale House and the outside area around it to ensure that it remains neat, clean, organized and safe
• Winter Duties: Responsible for shoveling around the scale house, stairs and the scale, salting as needed
• Ensures “Closed” signs are put out/away when needed in a timely manner
• Keeps direct report manager fully informed of all problems or matters requiring their attention
• Other job duties as assigned (cleaning, picking plastic, etc)
TBD - based on business needs
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
1. Based on Qualifications
- What you will bring:
• Excellent customer service experience and focus
• Enjoys working independently; while being attentive to our customers
• Reliability and dependability
• Flexible work schedule
• High school/GED
• Medium technical aptitude and data entry skills
• Valid driver’s license may be required depending on needs
• Ability to be on your feet most of the day; and work around some fumes
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Welcome to the SMSC Organics Recycling Facility, an enterprise owned and operated by the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC). We are part of the SMSC’s focus on being a good steward of the earth. At the SMSC Organics Recycling Facility, we recycle organic materials—like paper, food, and yard waste—from residential, commercial, and municipal customers. Then, we craft a nutrient-rich, natural fertilizer for gardening, farming, landscaping, and more. We also process wood to be used as mulch. Our Dakotah Roots products are available for retail and wholesale.
To learn more please visit: SMSC Organics Recycling Facility (smscorf.com)