Assistant E-commerce and Delivery Liquor Store Manager
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Liquor Store Operations
The Liquor Store Operations generate over $12 million in sales annually providing about $1 million in profits that go back to the City. The profits generated by the liquor stores are used to fund several City projects including the pavement management program, facility maintenance and replacement of playground equipment.
The Assistant E-commerce and Delivery Liquor Store Manager supports the liquor store operations by performing daily activities such as opening and closing the store, balancing cash and credit receipts, preparing bank deposits, preparing the store for customers and ensuring the store runs smoothly. Assists the store managers to ensure the store operations are running smoothly and the operations manager to ensure e-commerce functions are up to date and delivery initiatives runs smoothly. Also, serves the community in an effective, efficient, and customer friendly manner. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Lead E-commerce and delivery liquor store initiatives by planning ahead, collaborating and partnering with key stakeholders, updating resources, maintaining website and external communications and providing work direction to a team to provide excellent service to customers purchasing products over the internet.
- Ensures the City of Eden Prairie liquor stores provide excellent customer service by assisting in the supervision of part-time employees; sets goals and objectives; sets expectations; provides positive and feedback geared toward professional development.
- Responsible for keeping a productive and efficient workflow conducive to customers, patrons and vendors; performs routine work in the liquor store (stocking shelves, operating cash register, etc.); assists with the organization and execution of liquor store events.
- Ensures a positive shopping experience for liquor store customers by assists in the inventory process including, general maintenance, inventory checks of supplies, and determining product placement to best suit customer needs; may assist in purchasing product (liquor, wine and/or beer) and vendor transactions.
- Provides advice and expertise to customers by relaying product knowledge and assist them with purchasing products in order to make an informed decision; develops long standing customer relations with regular shoppers.
- Sets a strong example with staff, delegates, and prioritizes tasks in accordance with the needs of the store and manager.
- Ensures new liquor store customer service representative employees receive an excellent onboarding experience by providing an overview of the operations, initial training.
While these areas are the primary focus, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
City of Eden Prairie Values
We are a service organization. We take pride in what we do. We cultivate a supportive, encouraging and productive culture with a strong customer focus. We promote wellness and plan work/life balance into our goals. We value differences and foster inclusion. We achieve success by exhibiting our core values: collaboration, innovation, integrity, performance and relationships.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required; additional education is preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of two years of retail management experience required; previous experience with customer service, liquor retail, retail management, E-commerce management, delivery operations, inventory and purchasing preferred.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of principles and practices of retail store sales, inventory, purchasing, merchandising, management, and supervision required.
Physical Requirements: Work in the store requires frequent bending and long periods of standing or walking. Incumbents must be able to regularly lift 20-60 pounds.
Working Conditions: Most work is performed in the store with physical effort ranging from light to heavy work. Some driving between locations may be required on an intermittent basis. Retail operations require long working days. There is exposure to walk-in cold storage intermittently.
Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Organization: Ability to coordinate several activities, responsibilities, and tasks simultaneously in a polite and professional manner; prioritizes what needs to get done; keeps things neat and orderly; utilizes tools for efficiency; factors several considerations when planning; establishes methods to ensure routine tasks are completed.
Technical Learning: Effective at acquiring skills, abilities and knowledge; quickly learns new industry, organization, and product information; has an aptitude for retaining and applying technical information; able to communicate techniques, software or product to others; is a quick study; able to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
Problem Solving: Uses judgment to solve difficult problems in a timely manner; compares possible options; uses reasoning to explain necessary next steps; looks beyond the obvious; challenges the first answer and seeks alternatives; probes several resources to obtain relevant information.
Delegation: Able to provide work direction; identifies attributes of team members; keeps strengths in mind when assigning tasks and responsibilities; sets goals and objectives for others; follows up and provides assistance as needed; ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
City of Eden Prairie Pre-employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts the following pre-employment checks for this position:
- Professional Reference Checks
- Criminal History and Driver’s License Check
- Education and work history verification
All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the City’s evaluation of the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
Status: Full-time regular position, non-exempt
Pay Range: $27.31 per hour to $31.50 per hour (depending upon qualifications)
Benefits: Qualifies for full-time benefits date of hire
Location: City Center One of the three Eden Prairie liquor store locations: Prairie Village Mall, 16502 W 78th Street (1); Near Cub Foods - 8018 Den Road (2); Prairie View Mall, 950 Prairie Center Drive (3)
Hours: Typically 40 hours per week including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Liquor Store Manager
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Application Review: Week of April 19, 2021
Interviews: Week of April 19 and April 26, 2021
Pre-Employment Process: Week of May 3, 2021
Anticipated Start Date (flexible): May 24, 2021