Senior Administrative Coordinator
The City of Virginia is seeking a self-motivated, detail oriented, dedicated individual for our Senior Administrative Coordinator position. The Senior Administrative Coordinator provides customer service and performs administrative duties in the daily support of operational activities of the Community Development, Planning & Permitting Department, Planning & Zoning Commission, Building Official Office and Fire Marshal’s office.
The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills. Previous education and experience with Building Codes, Fire Codes, Engineering, Architecture or Construction related codes and requirements is required.
Duties for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving customers by greeting them with excellent customer service and referring them to the appropriate staff member and/or educate customers on permit process, ordinances, and/or regulations when needed.
- Upon approval by senior staff, issues Building Permits, Demolition Permits, and other related permits
- Ensures proper care of sensitive documents, including following procedures for mailings, handling, transmitting and communicating these documents.
- Establishes, maintains, and oversees filing system and acts as record keeper for the departments to ensure compliance with City guidelines and best practices.
- Meets deadlines for generating reports, letters, memoranda and other assorted documents
Visit www.virginiamn.us/employment for a Sr. Administrative Coordinator Application Packet for the full job description and City job application form.
Please return your resume attached to the completed City of Virginia Job Application to HR@virginiamn.us or by mail to: City of Virginia, ATTN: HR, 327 1st Street South, Virginia MN 55792. Application deadline is April 30, 2021.