Job Description Job Summary: Assist with growing, planting and caring for all living plants to provide an aesthetically pleasing environment for guests, Community Members and employees. Ensures sidewalks are clear of snow and ice to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Assists in greenhouse and nursery operation which includes growing, planting and maintaining annual and perennial plants.
- Maintenance of gardens including pruning, dead-heading, mulching, weeding and watering. Operates small equipment to maintain landscape.
- Assists Horticulture employees with various projects related to function.
- Occasional tasks:
- Removes snow and ice from walks, entrances and shelters. Operates small equipment such as snow blowers and applies de-icing products as needed.
- Provides traffic control during special events.
- Ability to operate hand and power equipment
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- Outside work 80% of time -- Summer eat, rain, wind and winter conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- On feet or standing 90% of time