MEDICAL/LEGAL PARTNERSHIP (MLP) ATTORNEY
MEDICAL/LEGAL PARTNERSHIP (MLP) ATTORNEY – FULL-TIME
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time staff attorney for its Medical/Legal Partnership (MLP) with CentraCare in St. Cloud, MN. This position will also maintain a regular presence at the Family Practice Clinic at MMLA’s St. Cloud office. Starting date will be negotiated based upon bar admission and office needs.
- Partner with medical providers to improve the health outcomes of patients by addressing serious legal issues that adversely impact the patient’s health
- Provide representation on civil legal issues including:
- Direct representation and advice
- Complex litigation
- Policy advocacy and outreach
- Community education as appropriate to client, project, and office needs
- Supporting co-workers and staff from other organizations to meet the needs of clients
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Concern for the needs and rights of low-income persons and victims of domestic violence required
- Attorney applicants must be currently licensed in Minnesota. Individuals who took the February Bar will be considered.
- Attorneys admitted in states other than Minnesota can get temporary pre-exam admission
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Office is required
- Skills in a language other than English, particularly Spanish or Somali, preferred
- Diverse, economic, social, or cultural experiences preferred
- Experience in working in community partnerships preferred
SALARY: $51,000 to $55,312 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter at www.mylegalaid.org/employment by April 21st, 2021, or until position is filled.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.