Intel and Operations Analyst
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Job Description Job Summary: As an Intel & Operations Analyst, you will work in the Mdewakanton Intelligence & Operations Center (MIOC) monitoring SMSC properties alarm and CCTV systems as well as monitoring conservation, law enforcement, and general public safety activities in and around the SMSC. This position also gathers information on possible threats of interest to the SMSC at a local, state, and national level, creates reports and disseminates that information to the appropriate authority. Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Works with the Mdewakanton Public Safety leadership to help identify new technologies. Assists in the tracking of department assets. Job Duties:
- Operate surveillance system and associated equipment.
- Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and TDD system for the deaf and hearing-impaired, alarm systems, technical systems and radio consoles
- Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports, presentations, maps, or charts based on research, collection, and analysis of intelligence data.
- Study activities relating to narcotics, money laundering, gangs, auto theft rings, terrorism, or other national security threats.
- Assessing, collecting and disseminating raw intelligence to making real-time analytic judgments regarding specific and emerging threats to conducting studies to identify threats and trends, Intelligence Analysts are critical to the FBI's ability to act proactively against evolving threats
- Collaborate with representatives from other government and intelligence organizations to share information or coordinate intelligence activities.
- Gather intelligence information by field observation, confidential information sources, or public records
- Evaluate records of communications, such as telephone calls, aerial photographs, radar equipment, and radio equipment, social media and Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) platforms to plot activity and determine the size and location of criminal groups and members.
- Perform emergency medical dispatch and crisis intervention services
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints
- Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller's situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies
- Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies
- Enters and modifies information into local, state and national computer databases
- Monitor and respond to a variety of technical systems and alarms
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor degree OR Technical degree OR 5-8 years in Intel, Emergency Dispatching, Security/Surveillance with training in hardware and/or software platforms preferred
- Valid and unrestricted Minnesota Driver License
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, and procedures, including safety procedures, such as CPR and first aid. Policies and procedures may refer to department policies and procedures related to emergency communications and disaster and special response plans.
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems, which may include transmission, broadcasting, and switching systems, and computerized databases, including teletype operations and procedures. Must understand basic dispatch codes, as well as standard abbreviations and industry terminology commonly used by emergency medical services and law enforcement agencies.
- Understanding of jurisdictional boundaries, as well as thoroughfares, landmarks, public buildings and waterways within the jurisdiction
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with fellow employees, representatives from other departments
- The ability to type 46 words per minute
- The ability to properly document activity in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (word, Excel, Power Point, Teams), Adobe Pro, Adobe Connect, Avigilon, Computer Aided Dispatch, Avtec Scout