Maintenance Mechanic and Carpenter
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The SMSC and SMSC Gaming Enterprise are collectively the largest employer in Scott County. Our government and enterprises are places where talented and committed people find meaningful work. From an organics recycling facility and tribal garden to golf courses, casino hotels, a water bottling facility and the tribal government, the SMSC's enterprises offer career opportunities for people with all types of skill sets. Our culture creates Minnesota careers that are exciting, rewarding, and inspiring.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic Maintenance department. This role will be a mix of building/equipment maintenance and provide carpentry expertise (framing, roofer, finishing work). We are looking for someone that will support our building systems, perform repairs on multiple operations and equipment. You will spend about 60% of your time on Maintenance Mechanic work, and 40% of your time on Carpentry work.
Hours are basically Monday – Friday 7:30 – 4:00 pm. There will be an occasional weekend when needed; and an on call rotation schedule.
What you can expect:
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on building structures and equipment such as HVAC, plumbing, light bulb change out, etc.
• Ensure the safe operations and cleanliness of all facilities and equipment from mechanical, electrical, heating, cooling, car wash equipment, etc.
• Other mechanical duties as needed, including monitoring water features and maintain records, monitoring building temperatures and assist with snow plowing/removal
• Install new hardware components, office fixtures and miscellaneous duties
• Maintain rental homes, farm and storage properties
• Office Buildouts, Metal Framing, Dry Wall
Monday - Friday
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
Salary Based on Qualifications
What you need to have:
• Trade school degree + 2 years of carpentry/mechanic experience OR 4 years of relevant experience in both areas
• REQUIRED: a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Carpentry experience in framing, building, roofing, etc.
• Experience in building/equipment maintenance
• Forklift experience would be nice to have
• Exposure to fumes and odors.
• On feet or standing 90% of shift.
• Have operate boom track, scissor lift while working at heights utilizing fall protection and climbing safety equipment. Drive service vehicles, fork lift and other heavy equipment as required.