Catering Sales Executive
Job Description Areas of Responsibility:
Consistently apply and live the Purpose, Vision, and Values (PVV) in every interaction.
Monday - Friday, TBD - based on business needs
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
Salary Based on Qualifications
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- Revenue Goals
- Client Relationships
- Industry Knowledge, Business Acumen and Brand Reputation
- Process Execution and Contract Management
- Client and Enterprise Communication
- Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding individual revenue targets and contribute to group sales revenue for assigned market including contract revenue in guestrooms, catering, meeting room rental, audio visual as well as enterprise outlets when appropriate.
- Actively and consistently, prospect and develop new and existing accounts. Develop and execute strategies to target revenue for the hotel.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing client relationships to establish hotel occupancy while increasing brand awareness throughout the community and meetings and events industry.
- Responsible for driving guest loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services and other ancillary revenues.
- Offer personalized catering solutions for assigned events including, menu development, meeting space finalization, suggesting and securing A/V needs, development and coordination of room layouts and décor, coordination of supporting activities in the casino, outlets and Enterprise assets.
- Directly manage and coordinate client accounts. Actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Distribute information to all departments regarding needs and requirements of groups, meetings and events taking place. Coordinate with multiple departments including Catering Sales, Food & Beverage, Hotel, etc.
- Prepare sales proposals, contracts, group resumes, reports, etc.
- Knowledge of market trends, food and beverage trends, menu development and competition with the ability to share/shift business.
- Develop and promote casino/hotel brand awareness by traveling to and attending industry events, tradeshows, and feeder markets to find and secure business.
- Adhere to sales and catering processes and systems by developing proposals, contracts and initial catering details for client review and accurately use sales systems to block and secure business consistent with department guidelines.
- Up-sell to clients with creative menus and event design enhancements geared towards higher guest satisfaction and increased revenue.
- Establish payment and billing processes and communicate to appropriate departments.
- Ensure all information relevant to the successful execution of the contracted event is clearly communicated to supporting departments and Team Members.
- Determine the full value of a piece of business coming to the Gaming Enterprise and when executive level approvals and review are needed before contractual and verbal commitments are made to the client.
- Write, understand, and negotiate contracts to ensure the Gaming Enterprise is legally protected from liability while considering the needs and requirements of the client.
- Along with the client, establish food and beverage requirement, timetable and relevant details.
- Discuss and develop proposals, contracts, group resumes, Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), etc. for client review and approval.
- Up-sell to clients with creative menus and event design enhancements geared towards higher guest satisfaction and increased revenues.
- Initiate action plan to approach and secure group/catering opportunities.
- Actively and consistently prospect and develop new and existing accounts to achieve goals through telephone calls, marketing and outside sales calls, tours of facilities and email/written communications.
- Responsible for coordinating final details of contacted events along with overseeing the guestroom block.
- Proactively, effectively, and professionally communicate within and across all departments to strengthen relationships between team members and support a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Influence clients and sell the features of the Gaming Enterprise through polished and professional verbal and written communication as well as formal presentations.
- 5 or more years of combined post-secondary education in sales, marketing, hospitality or related course work and/or direct hotel or convention meeting space sales experience.
- 3 or more years of contract negotiation, management, and execution experience (including calculating pricing, discounts, mark-ups, etc.)
- 3 or more years of advanced Microsoft Office products and catering software management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including exceptional verbal and written communication with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of safety and fire codes as well as other regulatory and compliance necessary for group and convention center events.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record and reliable transportation.