HR Business Partner
Job Description Job Summary: The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will serve as a key partner for functional leaders of the SMSC (Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community) Gaming Enterprise and/or SMSC. Functional areas include Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Marketing, Security & Surveillance. This role may also support one or more operational areas within Mystic Lake Casino and/or Little Six Casino. This position works directly with executive leadership in their respective areas, as well as their management teams and team members. This role will develop, implement, manage and continuously improve strategies and tactics related to organizational effectiveness, team member engagement, retention, performance management, talent management and compensation. This role also works to ensure organizational talent is prepared to deliver exceptional performance, through partnership with leaders and by building strong organizational capabilities and culture as we continue to evolve. This position collaborates frequently with other HRBPs and the HR Centers of Excellence (CoE's) including Talent Acquisition, Team Member Services, Learning & Development, and Communication & Engagement.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the SMSC GE / SMSC strategy and strategic and operational objectives. Identify and address human resource issues significant to the achievement of those plans and objectives.
- Assess alignment and support the strategies; provide recommendations to leaders on how to respond to emerging workplace trends and/or how to address team member needs or issues with balance for both legal compliance and culture.
- Assess and coach leaders and TM's on the GE's Purpose, Vision and Values and/or SMSC's Dakota Values.
- Coach leaders in people management best practices, i.e., attraction, performance management, recognition & reward, team member development and retention strategies. Partner with internal Centers of Excellence (CoE's) including Talent Acquisition, Team Member Services, Learning & Development and Communication & Engagement.
- Assist leaders in promoting proactive changes, which enable the organization to successfully address a rapidly changing external environment as well as effectively support change management with the internal environment.
- Apply highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills; analyze financial, operational and workforce data; understand trends and develop systemic recommendations for action using analytic frameworks.
- Collaborate with leaders to create and maintain a high performing organization with a focus on team member engagement and team effectiveness; facilitate teambuilding, development and training initiatives in partnership with the Learning & Development CoE.
- Partner with leadership to ensure that organization structure, design and staffing of positions, and utilization of human resources are effective and consistent with business needs. Provide periodic reports and data on a timely basis. Advocate for team member and leader involvement and empowerment in decision-making.
- Act as a point of contact for client groups to answer questions regarding topics such as benefits, compensation, internal equity analysis, and hiring decisions.
- Support leaders in workforce planning including headcount, budgeting, effectively identifying and planning for future talent needs and continually upgrading the talent brought into the organization.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition CoE for interviewing and selection to ensure a consistent, high quality talent pipeline. Assist hiring managers with the effective use of selection processes, selection criteria and onboarding tools.
- Identify, advocate for and implement HR best practices across all areas of the business; simplify or reduce non-value added processes. Help business units identify and resolve opportunities for increased efficiency and/or decreased bureaucracy.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area (Business, HR, Communications, Psychology, Social Work, etc.), preference for an advanced degree.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in exempt level positions in Human Resources
- Supported both team members and various levels of leadership up to and including C-level executives and
- Minimum of 3 years serving as an HR Business Partner.
- Experience with process improvement initiatives (Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Agile, etc.).
- Experience supporting and driving project management initiatives.
- Proven experience interacting and influencing all levels of an organization with confidence, building trust and rapport. Capable of providing courageous and decisive advice, including advanced team member relations. This position has frequent contact with executive leadership and has a strong partnership with other HRBP's in both the Gaming Enterprise and Tribal Operations.
- Industry experience in hospitality or entertainment preferred, but not required.
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a record of accomplishment of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels, including providing critical feedback and the ability to help our executives, leaders and team members navigate through difficult situations.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in broad fields of human resources including organization design, restructuring and change management, talent acquisition, employee engagement and relations, talent and organization development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
- Experience with digitization and HR innovation and an interest in automating HR processes to allow HR to become a consultative and strategic function.
- Have a point of view and the confidence and courage to constructively challenge assumptions even when unpopular, coupled with a high level of professionalism and the sophistication and finesse to push through issues while maintaining relationships.