Golf Pro Shop Assistant - Seasonal Part Time
Assist guests with purchases efficiently and accurately while responding questions in a friendly manner.
- Respond to guest questions related to merchandise sold in the Golf Pro Shop, seek input from the Head Golf Professional or Assistant Golf Professional as appropriate, and provide guests with personal attention . Take reservations and assign the play of golfers; collect green fees and golf cart rental.
- Process sales transactions, perform check verification and credit card validation using automated and manual systems.
- Prepare cash register shift reports, reconciliation, and cash counts at the end of shift.
- Monitor retail operation; provide asset protection.
- Restock merchandise and inventory as needed.
- Assist with inventory/merchandising.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the Golf Pro Shop. Act as Manager on Duty, when needed.
- Sell beverages and snacks to guests as needed. Adhere to responsible alcohol service standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have six months of retail sales and guest service experience.
- Ability to pass basic math test.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the game of golf and current golf equipment and accessories.
- Excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in word-processing, spreadsheets, database and electronic mail software.
- On feet or standing 75% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.