Senior Credit Officer
JOIN OUR TEAM!
AgCountry Farm Credit Services is a cooperatively owned institution providing finance solutions to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses. We are looking to add a talented individual to join a team of finance professionals serving the syndicated loan market.
Specifically, the position offered is within the AgCountry CFG group located in Minneapolis, MN. AgCountry CFG is dedicated to serving large companies in the food, agribusiness, timber & forest products, paper & packaging, and beverage industries, as well as companies that invest in rural infrastructure, energy, utilities, and telecommunications. Started in 1995, the group has over $6.5 billion in lending commitments under management. AgCountry CFG is active in the syndicated loan market and provides a wide range of financing solutions, including revolving credit facilities, term debt, and project finance with a variety of terms and structures.
AgCountry CFG has an open position for a Credit Officer in its Minneapolis, MN office. This critical position will provide analytical support for the lending function of CFG, which focuses on large capital markets lending transactions. A solid understanding of credit is required as the position calls for the ability to underwrite complex credits, quantify risk, and make recommendations. Specific responsibilities include: conducting client research and due diligence; analyzing client information; preparing comprehensive credit reports; making written and verbal recommendations; participating in the legal documentation review and closing process; providing ongoing monitoring and reporting of client activity; and assisting in maintaining the client database and the production of portfolio monitoring reports. Ideal candidates must be self-motivated and take ownership of assignments while at the same time working in a team environment. The position will report to the Senior Vice President – Credit & Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform extensive financial statement analysis and draw conclusions from that analysis
- Work with various CFG team members to prepare credit reports and make recommendations on lending opportunities and credit requests
- Present those recommendations to senior management and credit committee members
- Collaborate with CFG team members, accounting staff, legal counsel, administrative agents, and borrowers to underwrite, close, and fund transactions
- Analyze client reporting and provide ongoing credit administration and servicing
EDUCTION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (advanced degree, or interest in pursuing, is a plus)
- 2 or more years of experience in lending, finance, accounting, agribusiness, or the equivalent
- Strong understanding of concepts relating to commercial lending, agribusiness, finance, and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, analytical, and writing skills
- Ability to manage a diverse workload while working well and thriving in a team environment
- Understanding of, and proficiency in, various business/financial software applications, internet search engines, and other applications
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates, please apply online at www.agcountry.com/careers
BENEFITS OFFERED BY AGCOUNTRY:
- Family friendly work environment
- Investment in employee development, growth, and education
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k – 3% employer contribution, plus match up to 6%
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick leave, paid holidays)
- Competitive incentive compensation plan
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee mental, physical, and financial wellness programs
AgCountry Farm Credit is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.