CNC Programmer - BOSS
BOSS Snowplow, a division of The Toro Company, is seeking qualified Machine Operators to join our growing team! Located in the heart of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, BOSS is one of Iron Mountain’s largest and most recognizable employers. With excellent benefits, world-class training, and an amazing team, BOSS is the perfect place to start a new career. Whether you have years of experience or you’re looking to learn new skills, the BOSS team has a place for you!
- Create programs for CNC metal cutting and bending machines
- Convert electronic drawings into machine code using programming software while maximizing material utilization and minimizing scrap
- Ensure all programming work and documentation is complete, accurate, and on time
- Support internal Engineering Change Management process with timely and accurate work
- Improve steel utilization through nesting efficiency improvements
- Participation in Focused Improvement and other Lean events and activities to improve our business
- Work with Engineering resources to create prototype parts for testing, to develop improvements to fixtures, and weldments.
- Support plant maintenance with design, laser cut parts and drawings
- Contribute to creating safer BOSS operations by supporting the BOSS safety behavior observation program (COACH), completing safety training in a timely manner, and being a safety role model
- Associates Degree Preferred in Computer Numerical Controls, Drafting, Design or Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Two years experience in a manufacturing environment with drafting and CNC programming.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Pro-E, MetaCam or similar software
- Ability to read and edit machine tool G & M code.
- Solid interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.