Required to specific vision abilities including close vision and distance vision. Use of hands; to extend ones’ arm(s) in any direction and to exert force in order
Responsibilities include all aspects of technical set-up, change overs, minor process adjustments, troubleshooting and adherence to established protocols. One of the prime responsibilities is to keep lines running efficiently, within Safety, Production and Quality goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all set ups and ensures proper specifications during start-up and product changeovers.
- Participate in daily pre-shift Ergonomic stretches and Kickoff Meetings.
- Ensure that there are no delays in “repair hand-offs” to and from maintenance.
- Responsible for making sure all tooling (including mold wheels) is clean and functional as well as to put away tooling in the correct location.
- Responsible for the safe installation of all tooling.
- Make minor adjustments to the process and inform shift lead and/or process specialist.
- Conduct line audits to ensure line is running in optimal performance.
- Accountable for accurate Production Reports and Quality Documents.
- Monitor equipment and take action when necessary.
- Escalate equipment malfunctions to lead.
- Follow TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) schedules to ensure reliable performance of equipment.
- Work towards meeting all Safety, Quality, Production and Scrap goals.
- Conduct product inspection to maintain established Quality levels.
- Maintain 5s standards of assigned area per site requirements (ensure tools are on their designated place, trash cans are emptied, and desk/work area is left in a clean, orderly manner, etc).
- Works with other team members such as Team Leads, Machine Operators, Maintenance Technicians, and Process Engineers.
- Practices continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste including work instructions/training.
- Practice all Health and Safety procedures, policies and practices.
- Other duties may be assigned and not all duties listed might be assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Technical Vocational School desired
- Proficient in English language desired
- Minimum 2-4 years related experience in extrusion or plastics processing industry desired
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team leads and supervisors in coordination with production.
- Knowledge of basic PC functions including Microsoft office and Windows.
- High level of organizational skills. Logs, checklists and inspections records must be maintained orderly and legible.
- High sense of urgency. Escalate potential Safety, Process and/or Quality issues.
- Promotes a positive attitude towards Safety.
- Capacity to work independently as well as within a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand up to 12 hours a day, use hand to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, pull, kneel, crouch or crawl up. The employee is occasionally r
to draw, drag or tug hose and use of repetitive motions of the body. The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds and frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
It is the policy of The Toro Company to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Toro Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.