Web Developer (React, Typescript)
Left Hand Robotics designs robots that tackle difficult, outdoor tasks. Our first robots are used for snow clearing and large field lawn mowing. Based on our success, we are now offering our
innovative and enabling technology directly to manufacturers of such outdoor power equipment so that they can embed our technology into their machines.
We look to employ a diverse and highly talented team. We are looking for innovators and risk takers - as a startup we need employees that are driven, self-motivated, and technically well-rounded. We are small and growing fast, so everything you do will have a real impact on the company. We believe we have an array of interesting and challenging projects ready for those who want to challenge themselves. If you are excited about robots and to work with other creative, fun, and passionate people, talk to us.
We're looking for a talented engineer with a background in UI/UX to take ownership of our main React web application. In this position, you will lead development of our production Typescript
front-end, the Robot Operations Center, or “ROC".
Our front-end implements basic model management as well as real-time robot monitoring, remote control, and robotic path editing. This application processes a large amount of real-time streaming data from devices in the field and services in the cloud to implement remote management interfaces. Users rely on the ROC’s Path Editor to view, edit, and compose paths for our robots to follow autonomously. These features, along with many others, make the ROC a complex, mission-critical component of our solution.
You must be self-sufficient, resourceful, experienced, and talented; this is a job with high autonomy, creative freedom, and challenging projects to work on. You need to be able to seek out solutions to problems you may encounter. Above all, enthusiasm and a love of engineering is required.
Required Skills and Experience
● A bachelor degree in Computer Science
● 3+ years experience building applications with React and Typescript
● Proficient in asynchronous programming with callback-based paradigms or coroutines, or frameworks like RX
● Experience with bi-directional streaming protocols such as websockets
● Experienced in designing and implementing complex user interfaces
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Experience collaborating with others: express new ideas and happily listen to others
Preferred Skills and Experience
● 2+ examples of interfaces designed for production web applications
● Experience with Java or Python
● Experience with Figma or Sketch
● Experience with Docker
● Experience with brokered messaging systems such as MQTT
● Experience with geospatial libraries such as geos, shapely, JTS, or turf.js
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.