Transportation Service Specialist
Ensure accurate and timely processing of all domestic and international transportation invoices in SAP and TMS freight payment systems. Coordinate and file all freight claims for the Company (TTC/CMW) as directed. Monitor receiving and shipping transactions in SAP which allow carrier invoices to flow through the system without human intervention.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide superior customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Administer freight invoice payments, both domestic and international.
- Process invoices via SAP or the Toro TMS system that are sent via EDI.
- Enter invoice data that is received via paper/email into Company systems to maintain shipment data and corresponding rates.
- Audit the freight invoices from the carriers, work with them to correct any errors, in an effort to ensure timely payment.
- Audit the freight invoices for product and shipment detail to ensure material master data is up to date and accurate.
- Audit import documentation such as customs entries and broker invoices for accuracy.
- Assign correct freight classification for all Toro / CMW products and parts.
- Support monthly distribution of reports related to shipping location routing guide compliance, carrier tender acceptance, and carrier invoice accuracy service level.
- Process claims on a timely basis, navigating issues that include but not limited to, damage, shortages and delayed deliveries.
- Maintain all files on each transportation claim and partner with various business units throughout the process.
- Provide monthly reporting on claims filed and claims resolution.
- Prepare new vendor request forms.
- Set up and test new carrier invoices to ensure they flow through the SAP and TMS freight payment system.
- Assist in the training of new employees or temporary employees within the department.
- Continuously seek systems improvements and standardize processes in order to reduce work arounds and exceptions.
- All other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Support Toro / CMW personnel and freight carriers
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative / operations offices.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- High school diploma / GED and three (3) plus years in logistics/transporation; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in logistics/transportation preferred
- Strong data entry and system navigation skills required, to include but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, SAP, Mercury Gate TMS; familiarity with EDI and SAP preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with and support carriers and internal customer needs via phone, email and face to face
- Proven ability to analyze situations and take effective and accurate actions
- Tactful in conflict resolution situations
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple objectives concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage large workload utilizing mutli-tasking, prioritization and organizing skills
- Ability to make a valuable contribution to team objectives
- Aptitiude to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations