Production Welder - American Augers
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read information from blueprints, technical manuals or other documents.
- Set up fixtures, mount parts in fixtures, and perform mechanical assembly. This includes using hand and air tools such as wrenches, torque wrenches, impact wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
- Use a hoist to lift and position large, heavier components and completed weldments.
- Set up, adjust, and operate MIG welding equipment to weld machine components.
- Remove components from fixtures, clean and check them for quality, and correct errors or deficiencies of weldments.
- Use a computer to check the location, inventory, routing of parts, and to record inventory transactions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Have appropriate MIG welding experience OR have completed a formal welding training program (or the equivalent in training and experience).
- Pass required entry-level plate test for production welding.
- Have appropriate mechanical skills, including experience using hand and air-powered tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.).
- Have appropriate reading, clerical, and basic math skills.
Other Job-Related Components: (eg. Physicial demands, working conditions, travel
- Manufacturing plant conditions (indoors, with variable temperature, humidity, noise, and dirt).
- Use of personal protective equipment including a welding hood, gloves, and sleeves, safety glasses, face shields and hearing protection
- Physical hazards such as powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, moving machinery, electrical arc-welding equipment, and materials handling
- Working with hazardous materials, including solvents, oils, grease, and pressurized gases
- A variable work schedule (ranging from 8-12 hours daily depending on production needs, with overtime paid after 40 hours per week) and some scheduled work on Saturdays.
- An expectation to work at least 50% of the Extra Time (ET).
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands for this job are classified as medium and include the following:
- Be able to handle items weighing over 60 pounds from floor to knuckle.
- Be able to handle pull or push items up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to handle items up to 35 pounds from knuckle to shoulder.
- Be able to handle items up to 25 pounds from shoulder to overhead.
- Job requires frequent walking, twisting, bending, squatting, kneeling, and climbing.
- Job requires continuous walking.
Job requires occasional sitting and elevated work.