CNC Operator - American Augers
Shift: 1st shift (5:00am - 3:30pm; Monday - Thursday)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specializes in operating a CNC Machine.
- Planning and performing difficult machining operations, which require complicated set-ups and a high degree of accuracy.
- Setting up machine tool(s), adjusting guides and stops, working tables and other controls to handle the size of stock to be machined.
- Determine proper feeds, speeds, tooling and operation sequence and select those prescribed in drawings, blueprints, or layouts, using a variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Make necessary adjustments during operation to achieve requisite dimensions to very close tolerances.
- Select proper coolants, cutting and lubrication oils, recognize when tools need dressing and to do so.
- Working knowledge of at least one CNC programming language.
- Able to program CNC functions to produce parts efficiently.
- Ability to set up and run parts on at least one CNC machine.
- Ability to read work orders and blueprints.
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Understand machine setup instructions
- Capable of working in a minimally supervised environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.