Sr. Software Engineer
Exmark Manufacturing, a division of The Toro Company, is looking for an Sr. Software Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team at our Beatrice, NE location. The ideal candidate is a strong team player possessing a passion for enhancing customer value through software and firmware development. Problem solving, innovation and resourcefulness will be put to use developing products and features of high value to professional landscape contractors and consumers.
Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications to tie together various embedded controls and sensor stacks in the off-road mobile equipment industry. Create novel approaches to analyzing surroundings and manipulating mobile equipment within operating environments. Validation of software through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates software designs that satisfy the product requirements as outlined in the product specification and resolves design problems. Writes code in language including “C”,“C++” and web based languages such as HTML, XML, and Java.
- Works with users, marketing, consultants and other technologists to establish the user interface requirements to assure ease of use and friendliness of the application.
- Works closely with product engineering and marketing teams to build value into our products by creating features, simplifying the user experience, and optimizing the performance of the product.
- Uses modern software engineering techniques to develop modular structured or object oriented software that meets the product requirements. Documents and comments code so that it is easily understood and maintained by others. Applies any coding standard followed by the design team.
- Performs functions as required by established engineering procedures including project requests through engineering release and change management procedures.
- Assures that designs meet the requirements of safety and any applicable industry or Toro standards.
- Coordinates work with the team members such as but not exclusively: Shop, Test, Drafting, CAE, Quality, Marketing, Purchasing, Manufacturing Plants, advanced Manufacturing, Sales, Technical Publications, Administration, and Management. Conducts and participates in regular project team meetings.
- Responsible for releasing documentation package and products specification. Responsible for building of prototypes.
- develop tests in conjunction with test engineers and technicians that simulate the requirements of the customer. Evaluates test data and makes software revisions to solve identified problems.
- Keeps abreast of new technological developments both in hardware and software or competitive environment that would affect the design, coding or testing process.
- May supervise other team members which includes selection, training, discipline, performance appraisal, salary review, setting and monitoring objectives and other related tasks in support of engineering project goals and objectives. May also provide work direction to contractors and consultants to assure that they meet the requirements for function, cost, timing and quality.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Occasional Travel to test sites, distributors, customers, vendors, manufacturing facilities, conferences, training and other locations as needed.
- Ability to work with others in teams to accomplish goals. Includes task and/or project leadership
- Must be able to create and analyze component or complete product design with individual initiative.
- Must be able to direct the work of others.
- Has demonstrated a high level of productivity and competency in the execution of duties.
- Has demonstrated competency in creativity, productivity, and decision making, and problem resolution through successful completion of projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5+ years’ relevant professional experience strongly preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following: smart connected products, robotics, automation, control systems and related regulatory/safety conformance is highly preferred.
- Has demonstrated a high level of productivity, competency, and technical aptitude in the execution of duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.