Product Engineer - Embedded Electronics
The Electrical Engineer – Machine Controls designs embedded electronic components and systems for the underground construction industry. Primary duties include design of components and software for embedded electronics systems. The employee will use CAD and IDE to create electrical schematics, PBCA layouts, and related software; depending on experience might direct the work of other engineers, drafter/illustrators, and technicians; works closely with various component suppliers; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Develop, debug and/or improve electronic designs and software for embedded controls, displays, and communication applications in the underground construction market.
- Participate in the definition and specification of new products.
- As an individual or team member, design and implement high-quality electronics and software solutions that meet product requirements.
- Resolve integration issues that involve multiple controllers and/or developers.
- Work closely with electronic, system, software, and mechanical design engineers to optimize overall product performance.
- Provide product technical support to internal customer support resources.
- Develop software to interface with product test equipment.
- Work with other electrical and software engineers to define interfaces and optimize hardware/software performance.
- Thoroughly test and evaluate the electrical and electronics systems to ensure maximum quality and functionality.
- Create hardware & software design and validation documentation.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree (MS is a plus)
- Experience developing electrical and electronic systems (5+ years is a plus)
- Experience in analog & digital circuit design and component selection.
- Experience in the selection and use of 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Experience in power electronics and power supply design.
- Experience in C / C++ programming language, data structures and/or object-oriented design.
- Experience with communications protocols including RS232/485, CANOpen and SAE J1939.
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI design requirements.
- Knowledge of Embedded Operating Systems (OS) like Linux, iOS, Windows, etc.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Results-driven, action-oriented, positive and energetic.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.