Tool and Die Technician
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the construction, maintenance and repair of diecast dies, trim dies, plastic injection molds and CNC machine fixtures. Trouble shooting and adjustment of tools and machines on the production floor. Responsible for maintenance & repair of tool room equipment. Oversees T & D Assistant and T & D Specialist.
Position available on either 2nd or 3rd shift
- Set up and operate conventional and CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Construct new or replacement components for diecast dies, trim dies, plastic injection molds and CNC machine fixtures.
- Analyze tooling issues and correct or make recommendations for proper solutions.
- Experience working with CAD/CAM software.
- Must understand and utilize algebra, trigonometry and geometry math skills as they apply to work at hand.
- Must have the ability to read detailed prints and perform work from drawings, sketches and CAD models.
- Must understand the mechanical properties of tool steel and heat treating.
- Is responsible for keeping work area clean and tool room equipment in good working order.
- Oversee apprentice and tool & Die Specialist work and advise/assist on methods and workmanship.
- Able to do all work assigned to the Tool & Die Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Tool & Die apprenticeship program or trade school program for Tool & Die