Set Up Technician
- Performs trouble-shooting and preventive maintenance on molds and related peripherals.
- Must be able to safely install and remove molds from injecting molding machine according to the working procedures and 5’s checklist.
- Prepare and submit Daily Log sheet, MRR (Mold repair request) and PM (Preventive maintenance request) as required in a clear and concise manner
- Assist in performing all tasks related to the 5S Checklist, utilizing the application aforementioned production peripherals.
- Adheres to approved Company, Safety, and Department policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or are not included here but are within the context of duties defined.
- Working knowledge of injection, molding functions (i.e. hot runner systems, unwinding mechanisms, KO functions, core pulls, and unwinds, cooling etc)
- Familiar with Toshiba and Toyo machines and controls.
- Working knowledge of mold set-up functions and procedures, working knowledge of injection molding tooling functions (i.e., hot runner systems, unwinding mechanisms, KO functions, core pulls and unwinds, cooling, etc.
- Forklift experience. Good knowledge of trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Must be familiar with resin processing, PVC, glass-filled nylon, glass-filled polypropylene, ABS, polyethylene, and acetyl.
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of mechanical concepts, auxiliary equipment functions, electricity, safety switches, sensors, Volt Meters, Thermalators, heater controllers, robotics, hand tools and pneumatic tools.
- Basic mathematical skills are required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Managers and supervisors.
- RJG training preferred.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. When performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop; pull; kneel; crouch or crawl up. The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.