Manufacturing Molding Technician
- Performs trouble-shooting on injection molding machines according to product specifications, utilizing the molding machine and related peripherals.
- Assist in performing evaluations of new processing and ancillary equipment according to product specifications as needed, utilizing the applicable aforementioned production peripherals.
- Assist in performing all tasks related to the tooling test list, utilizing the application aforementioned production peripherals.
- Will assist in performing process analysis of problem moldings according to department requirements and specifications, utilizing the applicable aforementioned production peripherals.
- Monitors molding machine systems interfacing for determining capability analysis, utilizing the applicable aforementioned production peripherals.
- Performs pilot-gauging applications as required on the molding machines, utilizing the applicable aforementioned production peripherals.
- Performs EOA tooling changes and robotics trouble-shooting as required, utilizing the applicable aforementioned production peripherals.
- Adheres to approved Company, Safety, and Department policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or are not included here but are within the context of duties defined.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor within the context and/or scope of duties defined here within.
Ability to interface with “Real Time” Process monitoring systems (i.e., Mattec, Shotscope, Plant-Star, etc.) Basic mathematical skills are required. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Managers and supervisors. Associate degree in Plastic Injection Molding/Robotics, production analysis, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A minimum of five (5) years experience as a Process Technician or Set-Up Technician. Working knowledge of mold set-up functions and procedures, working knowledge of injection molding tooling functions (i.e., hot runner systems, unwinding mechanisms, KO functions, core pulls and unwinds, cooling, etc. Good knowledge of trouble shooting and problem solving. Must be familiar with resin processing, PVC, glass-filled nylon, glass-filled polypropylene, ABS, polyethylene, and acetyl. Working knowledge of SPC/SQC, robotics, PLC, and EOA tooling. RJG training preferred. .
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.