CNC Programmer I
This employee prepares machine tool programs for various CNC machines. This employee may also serve as a member of cross-functional teams to improve manufacturability of products and performs other duties as assigned. This position requires continuous development of new manufacturing and CNC programming skills, including individual study and technical school attendance.
- Collect and analyze technical information from a variety of sources, graphics parts files, technical documents and internal and external contacts.
- Create CNC programs and operate CNC machines during prove-out.
- Creates lists of tools, fixtures, etc. needed to make various production, prototype, and special parts.
- Present technical information to individuals and groups of people.
- Create and maintain documentation of CNC programs.
- Regular, continuous use of a computer workstation.
- Office environment part of the time, plant environment part of the time. Plant conditions include variable heat and humidity, dirt, and noise; physical hazards such as powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, and moving machinery; hazardous materials such as solvents, lubricants, and coolants.
- A variable work schedule, with hours that vary per the needs of the job.
- Rapidly changing work loads, priorities, and overtime requirements, frequently with little notice.
- High school or equivalent required
- 3 years machining experience or 2 years technical training in metal cutting technologies required.
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), and Computer Aided Design (CAD) and knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and skill with computers and computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Meet or exceed typical expectations for creativity, production, quality, and safety.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have appropriate reading and mathematical skills (algebra and basic trigonometry).
- Work well with others in a team setting.
- Have a good work record of self-motivation, judgment, productivity, and safety.
- Able to work any overtime required, frequently with no prior notice.