American Augers - Customer Support Specialist
Provide all Ditch Witch, American Augers, and Trencor customers (end users, dealers, distributors, and agents) with timely answers to elevated service part related inquiries/issues. Customer concerns are varied, complex, and non-routine ranging from part number identification, sales order entry, and order expediting, to resolving complex part fit-up problems and “unit down” backorder situations. Position serves an important role in fielding and resolving concerns from all internal and external customer groups on issues such as pricing, backorders, order exceptions, and dealer/distributor performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and resolve all parts-related issues for DW/AAT customers including dealers, distributors, end users, and agents.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with assigned customers by:
- Accepting and resolving accelerated front-line issues within established timeframes.
- Acting as the liaison between customers, other business areas, and third party suppliers to resolve issues.
- Maintaining regular phone and email contact with assigned customers.
- Research and reply to customer inquiries regarding parts, providing accurate and thorough information and support.
- Assist with the resolution of disputed shipping claims, debits, credits and return goods authorizations by working with customer(s), accounting, distribution center(s), shipper and any other involved parties to investigate, rectify, and resolve issues.
- Utilize SAP to plan and allocate orders and coordinate shipping with distribution centers and third party suppliers.
- Manage SAP Part Notes; includes creation and updates.
- Responsible for advanced product knowledge for legacy and new equipment.
- CRS should make an effort to build a responsive, knowledgeable, and customer oriented department. This is accomplished by:
- Acquiring training, education, and information pertaining to DW/AAT products.
- Attend team training sessions with appropriate product experts.
- Perform assignments related to continually improving the effectiveness of the department in serving DW/AAT customers, specifically documentation of processes.
- Act as a liaison with other business functions (e.g, Technical Service, Engineering, Purchasing, Production Control, Marketing, Training) and as an advocate for customers in researching and resolving complex parts issues.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
Responsible for supporting the service part needs of customers, dealers, and agents. Heavy utilization of SAP system, Microsoft Office and on-line tools. Work environment is typical to professional office lighting, seating, and noise level.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressive experience in an order processing and technical customer service environment
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills are required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be tactful, professional, and detail oriented
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written, critical thinking skills, and must possess the ability to cross-train in other tasks.
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to manage large workload and excel at prioritizing and organizing tasks
- Strong data entry and system navigation skills required
- Must be able to work effectively in high pressure situations in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make a valuable contribution to team objectives
- Aptitude to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.